Summer will soon be filling our days with warmth and sunshine giving us the perfect time to explore further afield.
Travelling with a baby can create wonderful family memories, but it does come with some challenges. We have put together some helpful tips on how you can master your next family holiday.
6. Nappy wipes. Bring them along or buy them at your destination, either way they are great for wiping down surfaces, cleaning sticky fingers and on-the-go nappy changes! If you’re looking for more sustainable option, take a look at Ecoriginals and their range of biodegradable wipes.
7. Request an empty seat next to you on the plane. Depending on the age of your little one, you will be able to have them on your lap for the duration of the flight at no extra cost but if you are wanting a more comfortable flight without them in your arms or on your lap, then a spare seat will be a godsend.
8. Don’t forget their sleeping bags or swaddlers. For on the go naps or overnight sleeping, having a zipped sleeping bag or swaddler will ensure ease around transitioning into and out of sleep especially when out and about. Make sure the TOG rating matches the weather at your destination!
9. Feed during take-off and landing. If you can book a flight that coincides with feeding and nap time, then this is the one to go for! Feeding during take-off and landing will help with the air pressure changes and there’s the added bonus of getting nap time in before you land.
10. Rain noise and other sounds on your phone. If your baby prefers to fall asleep to the noise of rain or white noise, then look at finding sounds on your phone to play as they fall asleep.
We hopefully these little tips will help when you decide to jet-off with your toddler. Don’t forget to enjoy your getaway regardless of what happens, lessons can always be learnt for next time!
As Confuscius says, ‘wherever you go, go with all your heart.’